Friday, January 21, 2011

Take More Tests To Increase Scores

"Taking a test is not just a passive mechanism for assessing how much people know, according to new research. It actually helps people learn, and it works better than a number of other studying techniques. The research, published online Thursday in the journal Science, found that students who read a passage, then took a test asking them to recall what they had read, retained about 50 percent more of the information a week later than students who used two other methods.(Test-Taking Cements Knowledge)"

I agree with this 100%. I am in AP Calculus and I find that when it comes time for a test even though I've studied and feel I know the material, I still can't remember as much as I should. I found that after taking a test I finally understand the chapter. Now even though this is a good thing because I am understanding the material, I usually do not do as good on the test as I should, but I feel I am getting more and more prepared for the AP Exam after I take each test. And the AP Exam is what matters in the long run because it will give me college credit. So while this method may not be the most practical, I definitely agree with the statement that taking a test helps you learn material.

No comments:

Post a Comment