Sunday, March 27, 2011

Out With a Bang!

After cheering for 13 years and competing for 10, yesterday was the last time I competed with my high school varsity squad. We went into the competition knowing that it was also the last one for our coach, who us seniors have cheered under for the last 6 years. Being it was her last competition coaching the varsity squad, we were determined to do our best and make her proud. The emotional day started at 7:00 A.M., bright and early as usual, and the tears started flowing in warm-ups. After seeing our assistant coach break down and cry in warm-ups it gave us that extra motivation to go for gold. Our routine hit perfectly and then we just had to wait for awards. I knew we had done our best, but I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to get us that first place finish we wanted so bad. But then awards came and we ended up placing first out of the four varsity squads. And the biggest shock of all: we received grandchampions in the school division, beating out two college squads for the title. Our coaches were ecstatic and it seems like we spent forever taking pictures and basking in our victory. I do plan to continue cheering in college, but the university I'm attending does not compete. So after all my years of competing, it was great to end it with this last win.





Varsity, Junior High, and Coaches
 

No comments:

Post a Comment