Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to the Grind

This Saturday, after two months off, I finally got back into competitive cheerleading. And what a way to come back it was; I came back right in time for a national competition and my secondary base was taking the SAT's, so the girl that had been filling my flying position was now my base. One good thing about coming back for this competition was I had three practices to get back into things instead of the usual one. However, those first three practices really made my muscles sore and tired me out. Cheerleading works muscles you hardly ever use and after not using them for two months, waking up the morning after practice was not a fun time. We ended up getting second at this national competition, even though we received a fifteen point deduction for an illegal stunt. However, in warm-ups I was so nervous I didn't know if I was going to make it through the routine. After being out because of breathing problems, going back to the one thing that gave me trouble breathing was a scary thought. Somehow I manged to push through and ended up being fine and hitting all my stunts and tumbling passes.

We have another competition this coming Saturday and I'm glad to say my base will be back. This is also the say of the Senior Dinner Dance, so it will be an early morning and a long ride but hopefully we can pull out another win.

No comments:

Post a Comment